Who am I?
- Name: Joanne Lai
- Date of birth: 21 December 1988
- Nationality: Canadian
- Address: Somewhere in Port Moody :)
- Phone: 778-288-3499
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not Currently Looking :)
Dear Hiring Manager:
Hello, I am not currently applying, but you're welcome to contact me at email@example.com
2014 August - 2017 Ongoing
Building an E-Commerce Empire
Over $70,000 USD in Revenue in First Year of Operations
The World of Dropshipping
With an increasing interest in e-commerce and online marketing, I found myself drawn to creating my own e-commerce sites. I have a passion in user interaction online with a focus on e-commerce websites. In my free time, I enjoy researching on the psychology of impulse buying and how to increase conversion rates.
- Extensive Experimentation with Google Adwords & Google Analytics
- Usage of Landing Pages & E-mail Marketing to Gain Hits
- Re-creation of Multiple Websites to increase conversion
- Ordering & Shipping
- Gained Understanding of how Customers Work
Woocommerce Report #1
Niche Cat Products
My Professional Background
2016 September - 2017 February
Urban Barn is a high end modern furniture store with over 50 retail locations across Canada.
- Play a key role in driving the company’s brand standards, immediate and long term Ecommerce business objectives
- Regularly conducted presentations to upper management
- Identifed, analyzed and provided recommendations on areas of improvement; develops and implements strategies to improve eCom website
- Create and generate dashboards and reports using Google Analytics
- Gathering business requirements for website enhancements
- Supports various Ecommerce initiatives, campaigns, and projects as required
- Communicate and collaborate with all levels of the organization as it relates to E-Commerce business activities, requirements, and initiatives
- Weekly meetings with third party SEO company to implement strategy
- Conducted and prepared competitor analysis documents for presentation
- Coordinate the operational tasks and functions of various departments to ensure that the website content (promotions, product information, imagery, etc) on the Ecommerce and Urban Barn French website are completed in a timely manner and are portrayed accurately
2009 September - 2015
2009-2015 Founder, Designer, Developer
I am an interactive designer and developer with 6 years of commercial expertise in delivering high quality websites. With academic experience in Simon Fraser University in Interactive Arts & Technology and a passion in entrepreneurship, I engaged in freelance web design while in school. After a successful phase of providing freelance web development to multiple clients in Vancouver, I founded Gyro Web Solutions within a year of freelancing. I consistently exceeded the requirements and expectations of my clients and their customers. To date, I have created websites for Canda Six Fortune, a subsidiary company of LOBLAWS, and VINOSCENTI, Canada's largest wine educators and many more. With increasing clients, I eventually went on to manage a contracted team of 3 people and aimed to offer a full-service agency, including photography, SEO services, and copywriting.
- Responsible for design, creation, and maintenance of corporate websites
- Work closely with senior executives to revamp or develop websites as well as identify technical issues
- Build positive relationships with clients by delivery work beyond expectations as well as effective communication
- Conducted presentations on building and promoting websites
- Managed Contract Staff of three.
- Utilized various web tools, such as HTML, CSS, PHP, JQUERY on CMS such as Wordpress.
- Utilized Design Tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver.
2014 September - 2015 October
2014-2015 Project Manager & UX Designer
PhiveSix is a company founded with focus in e-commerce and online marketing including design, implementation and management of all online materials. My role in the company was to manage a small team of developers and designers to satisfy client demands.
- Leading the team for e-commerce developments
- Develop websites that can increase traffic and sales
- Implement payment gateways
- Analyze timelines and what-if scenarios
- Gain knowledge of online marketing strategies
- Worked with uploading CSVs with thousands of products
- Outsourced labour necessary for efficient completion of projects
2012 September - 2016 December
JS IMPORTS LTD
JS IMPORTS LTD is a Canadian Business specializing in the supply of seasonal home decor to retailers in Canada. Proud Exhibitor at the Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver Gift Shows.
- Set up Retail Establishments at Coquitlam Centre, Metrotown Centre, Guildford Town Centre, Bentall Centre & Vancouver Christmas Market
- Set up 450 square foot store at Vancouver's Bentall Centre
- Hired and Managed 10 seasonal employees for retail establishments
- Featured on CTV News & Retail News Magazine
- Maintained wholesale website with over 3000 skus
- Notable clients include Big White Ski Resort, UBC Botanical Garden & Anthrpology, Pharmasave (Victoria), Vandusen Gardens & More
- Ability to maintain strong customer relationships for recurring orders.
- Order Processing, Inventory Control, Customer Invoicing & Maintaining General Well Being of Business
- Responsible for online sales and all marketing and product promotions.
Co-Founder at JS IMPORTS Ltd.
Phone Number: 778 384 8531
Owner at PHIVESIX Marketing
Phone Number: 604 657 8143
Info Tech at CANDA SIX FORTUNE
Phone Number: 604 432 9000 Ext: 2283
Dr Clinton Lee
Instructor at BC WINE SCHOOL
Phone Number: 778 881 0188
What I’m best at
Skills & Knowledge
- Wordpress Theme Development
- Website Optimization + Cross Browser Capabilities
- Mobile Compatibility
- SEO & Google Analytics
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Management Systems
- Landing Page Design
- E-mail Marketing Campaigns
My latest work
Hire Joanne Lai
With Passion in Online E-Commerce and experience in the industry, I believe I am the ideal Candidate for the position!
- 302-1180 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam BC