Who am I?
- Name: Joanne Lai
- Nationality: Canadian
- Phone: 778-288-3499
- Email: email@example.com
Dear Hiring Manager:
It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my application for the position Marketing Specialist. As a web professional with over 7 years of experience, I know my diverse skills and qualifications will make me an asset to the team.
My passion lies in e-commerce and design psychology, including social psychology, emotional triggers and more. My experience developing profitable e-commerce websites has allowed me to witness what makes and breaks a website as I have analyzed end-user's on-site journeys from the moment they click an ad to the end of the check-out system. I have also worked with a multitude of corporate companies, designing and assisting in development of e-commerce or showcase websites. As the manager of marketing at JS IMPORTS LTD wholesale company, I also have extensive experience working with retailers and growing sales volume across various retail channels. I would be greatly interested in roles where I can work alongside designers, web developers, and other designers to develop engaging design solutions to provide the best possible experience for customers, resulting in higher conversion rates and profits for the company.
My Professional Background
2009 September - 2015
2009-2015 Founder, Designer, Developer
I am an interactive designer and developer with 6 years of commercial expertise in delivering high quality websites. With academic experience in Simon Fraser University in Interactive Arts & Technology and a passion in entrepreneurship, I engaged in freelance web design while in school. After a successful phase of providing freelance web development to multiple clients in Vancouver, I founded Gyro Web Solutions within a year of freelancing. I consistently exceeded the requirements and expectations of my clients and their customers. To date, I have created websites for Canda Six Fortune, a subsidiary company of LOBLAWS, and VINOSCENTI, Canada's largest wine educators and many more. With increasing clients, I eventually went on to manage a contracted team of 3 people and aimed to offer a full-service agency, including photography, SEO services, and copywriting.
- Responsible for design, creation, and maintenance of corporate websites
- Work closely with senior executives to revamp or develop websites as well as identify technical issues
- Build positive relationships with clients by delivery work beyond expectations as well as effective communication
- Conducted presentations on building and promoting websites
- Managed Contract Staff of three.
- Utilized various web tools, such as HTML, CSS, PHP, JQUERY on CMS such as Wordpress.
- Utilized Design Tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver.
2014 September - 2015 October
2014-2015 Project Manager & UX Designer
PhiveSix is a company founded with focus in e-commerce and online marketing including design, implementation and management of all online materials. My role in the company was to manage a small team of developers and designers to satisfy client demands.
- Leading the team for e-commerce developments
- Develop websites that can increase traffic and sales
- Implement payment gateways
- Analyze timelines and what-if scenarios
- Gain knowledge of online marketing strategies
- Worked with uploading CSVs with thousands of products
- Outsourced labour necessary for efficient completion of projects
2012 September - 2015 December
JS IMPORTS LTD
JS IMPORTS LTD is a Canadian Business specializing in the supply of seasonal home decor to retailers in Canada. Proud Exhibitor at the Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver Gift Shows.
- Responsible for online sales and all marketing and product promotions.
- Set up Retail Establishments at Coquitlam Centre & Bentall Centre.
- Featured on CTV News & Retail News Magazine
- Maintained wholesale website with over 3000 skus
- Notable clients include Big White Ski Resort, UBC Botanical Garden & Anthrpology, Pharmasave (Victoria), Vandusen Gardens & More
- Ability to maintain strong customer relationships for recurring orders.
- Order Processing, Inventory Control, Customer Invoicing & Maintaining General Well Being of Business
Co-Founder at JS IMPORTS Ltd.
Phone Number: 778 384 8531
Marketing Lead at BLUMAAN MARKETING
Phone Number: 604 657 8143
Info Tech at V2 Games
Phone Number: 778 994 3789
What I’m best at
Skills & Knowledge
- Wordpress Theme Development
- Website Optimization + Cross Browser Capabilities
- Mobile Compatibility
- SEO & Google Analytics
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Management Systems
- Landing Page Design
- E-mail Marketing Campaigns
My latest work
Hire Joanne Lai
With Passion in Online E-Commerce and experience in the industry, I believe I am the ideal Candidate for the position!
- 302-1180 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam BC