Who am I?
- Name: Joanne Lai
- Date of birth: 21 December 1988
- Nationality: Canadian
- Address: Somewhere in Port Moody :)
- Phone: 778-288-3499
- Email: email@example.com
Web marketing is my passion. Entrepreneurship is my soul.
Recent Achievements in Web Marketing
2015 August - 2017 Ongoing
Building an E-Commerce Empire
Over $183,000 USD in Revenue
The World of Dropshipping
With an increasing interest in e-commerce and online marketing, I found myself drawn to creating my own e-commerce sites. I have a passion in user interaction online with a focus on e-commerce websites. In my free time, I enjoy researching on the psychology of impulse buying and how to increase conversion rates.
- Extensive Experimentation with Google Adwords & Google Analytics
- Usage of Landing Pages & E-mail Marketing to Gain Hits
- Passionate about conversion optimization, testing , and using analytics to drive decisions.
- Experience with SEO analytics tools such as Moz, Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools
- Ordering & Shipping
- Gained Understanding of how Customers Work
Woocommerce Financial Chart
Woocommerce Report #1
Niche Cat Products
My Professional Background
2016 September - 2017 September
Urban Barn is a contemporary furniture store with over 50 retail locations across Canada.
- Implemented Urban Barn's first shoppable 360 degree virtual store
- Implemented Urban Barn's live chat software
- Spearheaded implementation of Loomis and Canpar courier as eCommerce shipping methods consequently reducing shipping costs & expanding shipping locations
- Regularly conducted powerpoint presentations & competitor analysis documents to upper management
- Identified, analyzed and provided recommendations on areas of improvement on eCom website
- Created and generated dashboards and reports using Google Analytics
- Bi-Weekly meetings with third party SEO company to implement strategy.
- Selection & implementation of new Digital marketing Agency
- Involvement in Google Adwords & Facebook Ads strategy
- Coordinated the operational tasks and functions of various departments to ensure that the website content (promotions, product information, imagery, etc) were portrayed accurately
2009 September - 2015
2009-2015 Founder, Designer, Developer
I am an interactive designer and developer with 6 years of commercial expertise in delivering high quality websites. With academic experience in Simon Fraser University in Interactive Arts & Technology and a passion in entrepreneurship, I engaged in freelance web design while in school. After a successful phase of providing freelance web development to multiple clients in Vancouver, I founded Gyro Web Solutions within a year of freelancing. I consistently exceeded the requirements and expectations of my clients and their customers. To date, I have created websites for Canda Six Fortune, a subsidiary company of LOBLAWS, and VINOSCENTI, Canada's largest wine educators and many more. With increasing clients, I eventually went on to manage a contracted team of 3 people.
- Responsible for design, creation, and maintenance of corporate websites
- Worked closely with senior executives to revamp or develop their website as well as identify technical issues
- Created business proposals, powerpoint presentations and SOWs
- Managed Contract Staff of three.
- CMS solutions based on client needs
- Provided Hosting & Domain Registration
- Utilized Adobe Suite Creative Design Tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver.
- Clients included KD Hotel, Hercules Hair, ABF Property Management, Canda Six Fortune, BC Wine School & More.
2014 September - 2015 October
2014-2015 Project Manager & UX Designer
Awesomedia is a company founded with focus in e-commerce and online marketing including design, implementation and management of all online materials. My role in the company was to manage a small team of developers and designers to satisfy client demands.
- Leading the team for e-commerce developments
- Develop websites that can increase traffic and sales
- Implement payment gateways
- Analyze timelines and what-if scenarios
- Gain knowledge of online marketing strategies
- Worked with uploading CSVs with thousands of products
- Outsourced labour necessary for efficient completion of projects
2012 September - 2016 December
JS IMPORTS LTD
JS IMPORTS LTD is a Canadian Business specializing in the supply of seasonal home decor to retailers in Canada. Proud Exhibitor at the Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver Gift Shows.
- Set up seasonal retail establishments at Coquitlam Centre, Metrotown Centre, Guildford Town Centre, Bentall Centre & Vancouver Christmas Market
- Set up 450 square foot pop-up store at Vancouver's Bentall Centre
- Hired and Managed 10 seasonal employees for retail establishments
- Featured on CTV News & Retail News Magazine
- Designed, Created and Maintained wholesale website with over 3000 skus
- Notable clients include Big White Ski Resort, UBC Botanical Garden & Anthrpology, Pharmasave (Victoria), Vandusen Gardens & More
- Logistics & supply chain management, Marketing & promotions, & maintaining general well being of the business
Co-Founder at JS IMPORTS Ltd.
Phone Number: 778 384 8531
Owner at Awesomedia Marketing
Phone Number: 604 657 8143
Info Tech at CANDA SIX FORTUNE
Phone Number: 604 432 9000 Ext: 2283
Director of Logistics & Business Solutions
Phone Number: 604 842 3351
What I’m best at
Skills & Education
2007 September - 2012 August
Simon Fraser University
Bachelor of Arts
Graduated at Simon Fraser University with a Bachelor of General Arts. Furthered understanding of design principles.
- Formal education in theory and hands on practice of art and design in digital media
- Learned fundamental design principles for visual communication including historical, philosophical, perceptual and semiotic approaches.
- Final course project involving all elements of web design, web layout and cross-platform support
- HTML, CSS, and Adobe software skill development.
- Introductory course in video-editing and photography
- Developed all graphical elements including posters and business cards for Maple Yi Association while at Simon Fraser University
- Wordpress Theme Development
- Website Optimization + Cross Browser Capabilities
- Mobile Compatibility
- SEO & Google Analytics
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Management Systems
- Landing Page Design
- E-mail Marketing Campaigns
My latest work
Hire Joanne Lai
With Passion in Online E-Commerce and experience in the industry, I believe I am the ideal Candidate for the position!
- Port Moody